While it may seem at first as if the Equip ADS-B Marketplace is focused mainly on assisting aircraft owners, that isn’t really the case at all. Under the hood, there is quite a bit going on that can really benefit avionics shops as well. Here are the first five ways avionics shops can grow their business by using the Marketplace:
- Generate More Revenue – The Equip ADS-B Marketplace can help your avionics shop earn more revenue by enabling you to reach out and connect with potential customers directly. Aircraft owners post their requests for quotations on their ADS-B installation projects, and avionics shops can sort through them and reply in a variety of ways. Best of all, avionics shops don’t pay the Marketplace anything whatsoever until a customer actually awards a contract to them to purchase and install ADS-B equipment. That means if the platform isn’t bringing your shop business, you don’t owe them a thing. The Marketplace will also assist you properly manage your workflow capacity during this period, to maximize overall revenues.
- Access New Markets Easily – Another major benefit of the Equip ADS-B Marketplace for avionics shops is the ability it gives them to enter new local markets easily. Instead of utilizing traditional marketing methods, which can be costly and arduous, the innovative public quotation and bidding system instead lets you identify and approach customers from all over the country rather than limiting yourself to prospecting only throughout your local region and the promotional channels you regularly This means that even small avionics shops can offer competitive quotes to aircraft owners hundreds of miles outside the areas they typically serve. Given the distributed nature of FAA-approved solutions throughout the avionics community, this can potentially be immensely valuable for avionics shops.
- Develop Strategic Partnerships – The Marketplace also helps assist avionics shops when it comes to developing the strategic partnerships they will need in place to ensure consistent cash flow and revenue throughout the duration of the ADS-B mandate period. For example, if your sales team has been receiving a lot of RFQs for an aircraft and ADS-B equipment combination for which you lack an FAA-approved solution, you can use the Marketplace to identify which shops are fulfilling those orders, and then contact them directly to discuss possible referrals. If your schedule is booked to capacity, preventing you from taking on further work, you could take a look at which shops are still actively bidding on projects, and potentially send some work their way for a portion of the revenues.
- Build Your Brand – While the Marketplace is focused on helping aircraft owners and avionics shops successfully deal with the challenges they face related to the ADS-B installation mandate, they are also very much aware that avionics shops need to plan for success far beyond the remaining three and half years of the mandate That’s why they have built a platform that enables avionics shops to build and maintain a reputation for doing top-quality work. Avionics shops on the Marketplace will receive publicly viewable ratings from their clients which they can use to develop a brand name and reputation for excellence they will be able to trade on far after the deadline for the installation of ADS-B equipment has passed.
- Information, Resources, & Consultation – The final major advantage of the Marketplace for avionics shops is the incredible amount of information and resources they provide. You’ll find information to help you judge which FAA-approved solutions to develop, information on connecting with clients all over the country, information on successfully persuading them to not only purchase their ADS-B equipment from you but to schedule their installation at your shop as well – and sooner, rather than later. They also have a variety of marketing materials your sales team can use directly, insights into the state of the industry you can use to help correctly pivot your organization, direct links to official equipment manufacturers and the FAA, and more. Lastly, if your avionics shop is having a difficult time successfully maximizing your revenues during this period, they even offer direct consultation services designed to help you best take advantage of your personal circumstances, whatever they may be.
As you can see, the Marketplace certainly wasn’t designed just to make things easier for aircraft owners. There are a huge number of potential benefits to using the Marketplace for avionics shops, ranging from directly earning your shop more revenue, to building a reputation that will last for years after the expiration of the ADS-B mandate, to providing consultative services designed to shore up your performance where it may be lacking.
Also be sure to remember that there is also never any upfront cost for an avionics shop to use the Marketplace. It is free to create an account, browse the various RFQs available, and utilize our informational and resource library all without spending a cent. We only earn a nominal commission when a customer awards you the winning bid, to purchase ADS-B equipment and schedule their ADS-B installation.
Sign up and join the community here at the Equip ADS-B Market today, and begin taking advantage of these incredible benefits.
Go to Part 2
Return to Resource Center